Gobble Gobble Gobble!! Its about that time; time to sit around the table with plates piled high as we give thanks for our friends, family, and all our many blessings. But what if this year, we change things around a bit, still give thanks but maybe back away from the piled high plates and overly full bellies that are ready to pop?! Over the last couple weeks at Jenny Craig we have had a board out for our clients to put their “Ideas for Success on Turkey Day” on and I have to say, they came up with some great tips and tricks!
Some were pretty similar so I combined them into one but here is a good list to go by on your turkey day!
1. Don’t starve yourself before the meal, eat your typical breakfast.
2. Walk before or after the Thanksgiving meal.
3. Slow down by putting your fork down between every bite.
4. Eat lots of leafy green vegetables.
5. Take the skin off the turkey and skip the gravy.
6. Enjoy the people more than the food!
7. Plan for no leftovers or send guests home with them.
8. Sign up for a Turkey Trot, 5k or 1mile.
9. Drink a big glass of water right before the big meal.
10. Eat off a salad plate to help keep portions small.
So do you have any other tips for success? Please share in the comments below!
Happy Thanksgiving Y’all!