Every now and again I find myself a little off track when it comes to my eating habits… Thank you baseball season!!
…Regardless of your reason for getting off track here are some suggestions for when you have the “oh crap! I’ve gained a couple pounds” or “I feel like blah…what’s going on with me!?” moment and you’re ready to put your foot down and start eating healthy.
– Start recording what you are eating. This will make you much more aware of just how much or how little you are putting in your body. I use My Fitness Pal, it’s a great free app.
– Plan meals for the week and stick to them. This means planning meals that you have time to prepare as well as the ingredients for.
– Clean out the refrigerator and pantry. Get rid of the junk. If it isn’t in the house, you can’t eat it!
– Go grocery shopping with a list. This list should be based on the meals you have planned out. Don’t forget to plan snacks as well!
– Wash and cut up produce upon returning home from the grocery store. You are more likely to eat it if it’s easy to grab when you’re hungry.
– Finally, tell those around you who influence your eating habits that you are trying to eat more healthy. If they know, they are much more likely to give you the support you may need.
I hope this helps if you’re like me and have fallen off the healthy eating train!