Last night I was craving pasta but didn’t want to settle for something high in calories so I went with spaghetti squash for noodles and a “sauce” of olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and basil. Then I added steamed broccoli and mushrooms and baked chicken. It turned out delicious! 🙂
How it’s made:
1. Chop the spaghetti squash in half long ways and scrape out the “guts”
2. Coat with olive oil sea salt and pepper.
3. Place face down on baking sheet, bake at 375 for 40-45min.
4. While it’s in the oven get the seasoning ready. (Salt, pepper, basil, and parasean cheese… No specific amount. Just to what you enjoy, mine was mainly Parmesan cheese)
5. Bake chicken with salt and pepper on it at 375 for 20min. Make sure the middle is white all the way through. Cut into little pieces when done.
6. Steam the broccoli and mushrooms. Only takes about 10min on medium-high. I added some of the seasoning to it.
7. When the squash is done be SUPER careful to not burn yourself. Use a fork to scrape out the “noodles”
8. Mix everything together.
9. Serve and
As a side note, one spaghetti squash, one head of broccoli, one carton of mushrooms, and two chicken breasts, made more than enough for four people.
Let me know if you decide to give it a try!