Hey y’all! I hope you had a great week and an even better weekend. Since my posts are (unfortunately) turning into weekly thing and less of a daily thing, let me catch you up on this past week and whats going on with me in this week’s Six Things Sunday post.
1. Buzz City. Yesterday afternoon my roommate came across a couple free tickets to the Charlotte Hornets game and I was lucky enough to get to tag along. We met with a couple of her friends who ended up being awesome and a were fun to go out with before and after the game. Before the game we hit up Whiskey River and after we headed over to Tilt. However, at the game our tickets introduced us to some interesting characters…including two that made us feel really old. We had two 18 year old guys, one of which was stroking a rabbits foot, ask us to buy them beer, of course we said no but their skinny jeans and rabbits foot were hard to turn down. 😉
2. Mason Jar Salads. Again the new roomie coming into play. She introduced me to these last week and I have to say they are awesome and keep everything super delicious and fresh. This week I used a lite blue cheese dressing, carrots, cucumber, broccoli, baked chicken, a hard boiled egg, and lettuce. What is especially nice about them is they are an easy make ahead lunch. The trick is to put the dressing in the bottom and keep the hearty veggies closest to the dressing. My layering is in the order that I gave you the ingredients. I highly recommend giving these a try if you are needing an easy lunch option.
3. Harris YMCA triathlon group. Over the last two weeks I have gotten to work with the tri group and y’all they are a great group. I feel like I can learn so much from the head coach who has so much experience with coaching and each member of the team brings so much to the table whether it be a little bit of spunk or years of experience with the sport. They are so much fun to be around and I am just so excited to get to spend time with them week after week.
4. Cat pee. Okay so this one isn’t as much fun but I need your help. If you recall in a post a while back, I told you about my additional roommate, Izzy. Izzy is my roommate’s cat and she has decided that my bed is a litter box sometimes. Well actually she went on it 3x last week. My current solution to the problem is putting a shower curtain liner on top of my bed everyday but what do you suggest to get her to stop the behavior?
5. Fuzzy Slippers. I don’t know if it is because its cold outside or the fact that I wear heels most everyday but slippers are a new favorite! Soft, cushy pillows for your tootsies… what could be better after a long day?!
6. Healthy Daddy. Early last week my dad finally went in to have his hip replaced and surgery went great! He is now home from the hospital and is up and moving around well already. I am so happy he was able to get this done and that he is on his way to a great recovery.
Thats it for this week, I hope each of you has a great week and hopefully I’ll be back before next Sunday!