Hello! I hope you all had a fantastic week and are gearing up for another great one this week. Since each of these “6 Things” were going to get their own posts but I never really got around to it this week…. Here is a quick run down of whats going on in my life.
1. Trip to ATL. I mentioned in my last post that I made a speedy, 24hour trip to Atlanta last weekend. I got to see a good friend who I haven’t seen in years so it made all the traveling well worth it. The highlight of the trip though was going to Top Golf. If you’ve never been its kind of like bowling for golf. You rent out a bay for a certain amount of time at what looks like a massive driving range. Out on the range, there are targets and you play different games where you have to aim for certain targets. Hit the correct target and you get point, hit the incorrect target and you lose points…and not to worry, the computer keeps score for you, each ball has a sensor on it. The person with the most points at the end wins. It was definitely a do over in my book!
2. Happy Birthday Mom! I hope to be as beautiful and fabulous as you one day!
3. 1890 Blow Dry Bar. Well it was an experience…. but no way that place makes it. Essentially you get you hair washed, blown out, and styled. It was a cool experience and the stylist did an okay job but I don’t see myself going back anytime soon. I had the expectation of it being a social experience when we went in but it was far from that. I think had they set up the salon in a way that we all faced a big mirror and could see one another that I would have given it a better review.
4. Happy Birthday Grandma! Isn’t she great!?! 84 never looked so good!
5. Tobacco Road Half Marathon. I am looking for a race to get my season kicked off before my big Ironman training begins. Tobacco Road is March 15th so hopefully one of my Raleigh girls will want to participate as well.
6. Charlotte Dining Week. All over Charlotte this past week and this coming week many restaurants are participating in a three course, $30 meal. It is a pretty cool way to try out some of the fancy restaurants and foods that you’d otherwise probably never try. I went with my family and roommate this past Friday to Upstream. Aside from it being a really loud restaurant it was a cool place that I would definitely recommend. I had the Oyster Chowder as my starter, Lobster for my main course, and an apple crisp for dessert. I had never had oyster chowder or lobster before. The chowder was really good but I’m not so sure about the lobster. Glad I tried it but I think I would opt for something different next time.
So there you have it, a short recap on whats been going on in my life. I will hopefully be better this week about keeping you in the know.
Happy Sunday Y’all!