Everyone loves a little pizza every now and again, but unfortunately, pizza isn’t always as loving to our insides as it is to our taste buds. Pizza is often loaded with with high fat cheeses, refined carbs for dough, sugary sauces, and greasy meats. Fortunately, there are ways to make it a little healthier by taking matters into your own hands and making it yourself (ps it’s a lot of fun and makes a great date night)….
1.whole wheat dough and flour (I bought this premade at the local grocery store),
2.a low sugar pizza sauce (read the labels and compare),
3.mozzarella cheese (2% or fat free),
4.turkey pepperoni, and
5. Chopped up veggies of your choice (we used mushrooms and spinach)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spread some whole wheat flour on the counter to keep dough from sticking.
3. Stretch the dough into the shape that you would like and lay on a cookie sheet.
4. Add sauce using a spoon to spread. Don’t forget to leave a little room for the crust.
5. Add cheese and toppings (be sure not to over due it on the cheese. Even with a low fat option, it can hurt you on the calorie count)
6. Bake for 10-15min depending on your oven.
7. Remove, slice, and Enjoy!
Here is the final product of the pizza we made last night: