This past weekend I used the crockpot for the first time ever. I made crockpot fajitas (well the meat went in the crockpot) for my family when they were in town and it turned out great! And even better yet… They were super healthy!
Time: 15min prep. 8hrs cook time.
Ingredients: (enough to feed 6 people)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cup fresh salsa
2 cup salsa verde
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1. Mix the salsas and spices together.
2. Put chicken and salsa mix into crock pot and turn it on low.
3. Chop peppers and onion and place in ziplock.
4. Return 7 hours and 45min later to sauté the peppers and onions until they are carmalized. You can add some of the spices to give the peppers a little extra flavor.
8. Shred chicken with fork (it will practically fall apart). Wash lettuce and chop avocado.
9. Make your fajita using the lettuce as your tortilla.