Good Morning! I hope you all had a great weekend. I know I sure did, I headed down to Greenville, SC Saturday after I got off work to visit Dylan. Being our typical selves, we kept busy and had a fun and active weekend. Which is what brings me to today’s post… staying active while traveling. This weekend, I wanted to get in a good workout without any equipment and in less than an hour as to not take away from the weekend festivities….
To start since I love running in a new city (yes, I have been here before but I am still learning my way around) I did a mile run which brought me to the bottom of a big hill. At this point, I did a few dynamic stretches. I am always working to keep my hips loose as they tend to get extremely tight especially when I am going to be running hard. From here I set that I was going to do 4-5 hill “sprints.” I put sprints in quotes because it was a .35mile hill so I was running hard but I wasn’t exactly top speed by any means. Run hard up then nice easy jog recovery on the way back down. At the top of my 4th rep, I walked back towards Dylan’s apartment for a quarter of a mile then ran the rest of the way back.
Once I was back at his apartment, I found a spot in the grass and did a 15min strength workout using only my bodyweight…
- 3x1min plank (first 45sec plank finishing last 15sec with push-ups)
- 3x1min squats
- 3x:30 side planks (:30 each side)
- 3x1min walking lunges
- 3x:30 flutter kicks
So there you have it, a total body workout in less than an hour with only a pair of running shoes! Do you have any favorite workouts while you are traveling? Comment below letting me know your thoughts.
Have a great Monday!
Hey Hey Hey! Man I am a slacker… a post every 20days, I can do better than that….well maybe. Regardless of if I am slacking, thats how things go these days. I am busy from before the sun rises till long after it sets most days and exhausted every free second I have in between. So here is the run down of whats been going on these last 20 days:
- Easter weekend was spent in Boone with my family and Dylan. We watched a little baseball, dyed some easter eggs, I kicked butt at the Easter egg hunt, Dylan made a delicious baked apple french toast, and we hiked Grandfather Mountain.
- Work is busy as ever, we are growing leaps and bounds at Jenny Craig…thank you Time! They published a study reporting that Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers were the top two most effective ways to lose and keep the pounds off.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll half Marathon was great. Thanks Kathryn and Coop for being such gracious hosts. Dylan and I ran a 1:48:34 and 1:48:35…guess who won between the two of us?! ….Yep, you guessed it, THIS GIRL! haha thanks for being a gentlemen Dylan. It was a tough course, and we were both a little disappointed by the event festivities both on the course and after but overall we were happy to have run a good race and I am sure we will sign-up for another race together sometime soon.
- My other job is growing immensely as well. After a very slow start, I now have 1 – 2 personal training clients everyday, Monday – Friday, at the Y. And as I mentioned before I am helping coach alongside two amazing women the triathlon team. Check out this awesome post practice team selfie!
- Now that the 31Day Detox is done, man I have had some yummy foods! I might have even slipped up and over did it on the sugar in that first week but I am on track again now. Not a stringent diet I am following but back to my variety in all things, moderation in all things approach I typically have.
this couldn’t possibly be kilwins amazing praline ice cream…. 😉
- Ironman training is up and running, I have felt exhausted these last couple weeks but I think I have a better plan this week and was (finally) able to catch up on a little rest this weekend so I am ready to get after training this week. Nearly 11hrs of swimming, biking, running, and strength training scheduled for this week.
- Living in Charlotte has opened up so many more opportunities to see family. I get to see my parents and grandma on nearly a weekly basis and when out of town guest pop in to stay with my parents, I get to see them too. I am loving this aspect of living in Charlotte. It was great visiting with my aunt and cousin at the beginning of the month.
- The lake is open! Starting last weekend, the lake is open for business…well for play! After Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon, Dylan and I headed to the lake for a little R&R so we thought. We ended up jumping out behind the boat for some wake boarding and surfing then this weekend a little kayaking and paddle boarding. Chase even jumped in on the fun this past weekend!
I think thats about it for me! Work, train, eat, and play! I guess I can’t complain. So what about you, how are things going on your end, what have you been up to?
Have a great week!