Happy Thanksgiving Y’all! I hope you all have had a happy turkey day full of giving thanks for all of your many blessings. As I have been going through the day, it has made me think about what I am thankful for and I came up with a list of my top 3 things that I am especially thankful for….
1. My family. THEY.ARE.GREAT. Really, they are.. Yes they may drive me crazy sometimes (it is in their job description, I know!), but at the end of the day they are my biggest fans and most loyal supporters. Mom, always being their to listen to my every complaint and dry every tear, Dad, guiding me with his vast wisdom as I grow in my career and next stages of life, and Alex (aka Little Brother), always making me smile, laugh, and forever keeping me on my toes. I am beyond grateful for these three goobers that I get to call mine!
2. My Health. It has been over the last couple weeks that I have become especially thankful for this. While running the marathon nearly two weeks ago and the turkey trot today, it has made me feel so lucky to have a body that is healthy and strong. I look around at my brother and dad who are hobbled from cheering me on, and friends and other family members who are battling things much worse than my baby aches and pains and I just feel so lucky and blessed to have my health.
3. My Growth over this past year. This time last year I was one month from graduating college and didn’t have even the slightest clue as to what I would be doing the day that diploma was handed to me. Since then I have had several jobs and I feel so lucky to have learned so much about the big, scary, foreign, real world. I know I still have a ton more to learn and will only continue to grow but I feel so blessed to have a baby start to a career in a field that I love in a city that I am slowly starting to love and call home. Not every second of every work day is perfect but y’all, how cool is it that I get to make money doing what I love. Really, that is definitely something to be thankful for.
I feel like I could go on and on and on about each of these three things but that would put y’all into even more of a sleepy coma than the turkey so I will leave it at that.
What are you thankful for? Please share in the comments below!
So this post doesn’t really fall into any of the categories of this blog but…. Here are a few thoughts I’ve had over the last couple days….
1. Folding laundry might be the worst thing ever….can you tell I have laundry waiting for me in the dryer to fold? But really, come on engineering friends, can’t you come up with a folding machine too? How hard can it really be?
2. I am loving having sunny mornings. Not that it makes me get out of bed any earlier, but it is so nice to not be getting up in the dark anymore. Thanks daylight savings!
3. I’m looking for book suggestions…. I really like inspirational sports books and health and fitness books. Has anyone read Wheat Belly? I almost caved at target the other day and bought it but just wasn’t sure about it.
4. I’m thinking of taking a social media break; no Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for a month (with the exception of posting my blog of course). Who has done this before? Did you like it or did you feel like you were missing out on things? I feel like I waste so much time on social media that I am due for a break from it.
5. What would you like to see more of on this blog? More fitness routines? Healthy recipes? Life updates? Other? Always curious as to what my readers would like to see more of.
6. Shout-out to The Blue Dishes. I love reading your blog most every morning Haley. Does anyone have any blogs they really enjoy reading?
7. What are the holidays going to be like as an adult who has to work? I know this sounds strange to those of you who are seasoned veterans to the working world, but y’all this is my first year where I don’t have a huge break for the holidays….I have always been a student. I get two days for Thanksgiving and three for Christmas. I’m thankful for those days but also having a bit of a pity party over it.
8. I am really ready for a break from the endurance world. I love running but I am ready for a break. November 15th can’t come soon enough! As mentioned in here and here, I will be competing in Thunder Road Marathon on the 15th then it is off season for me.
Thats it for today! Hope you’re having a wonderful Thursday night!
Since my love life is a little on the non existent side these days and “love” is apart of the name of my blog, I thought I’d share something even better with you today… Some damn good lookin’ men! Here are my top 3 “Man Candy Monday” picks:
#1 Luke Keechly; middle linebacker for the Carolina Panthers, attended Boston College and is only 22 years old!!
#2 Ryan Lochte; US Olympic swimmer and 11 time Olympic medalist.
#3 Matthew McConaughey; defiantly a little old for me but he sure has aged well. He has been acting since 1989 and is in many well known films.
I hope this brightened up your Monday! Have a great day!