Good Morning! Or should I say good afternoon? I have been up since 5am so as I type this I am a little over 5hrs into my day already. Sometimes when I think about that I can’t help my give a little grin knowing that I have already accomplished so much as others are hitting the snooze button and rolling over. So for today’s post I am going to give you some tips and tricks towards becoming a morning person….
1. Consistency is key. Getting in the habit of getting up at the same time or close to the same time everyday overtime will make getting out of your cozy bed that much easier.
2. Allow yourself enough time to sleep. This is personally my biggest problem. Not allowing yourself enough time to sleep makes for tough mornings full of little will power. The average adult needs 7 – 9 hours a night.
3. Plan ahead. Have your clothes and anything you need laid out for the next day. When you don’t have to think in the morning (especially when you’re exercising) it makes you that much more likely to get up and out the door.
4. Put your alarm clock across the room. Make yourself get up to turn it off.
5. Have someone you’re accountable to in the morning. You may cancel on yourself but you’re much less likely to cancel on someone else.
6. Drink a glass of water when you first get up. This will help wake up your brain and other organs.
7. Make your bed. This one sounds silly but my making your bed, you are telling yourself you are up for the morning and it makes crawling back in bed that much more less likely.
8. Open the blinds. Seeing natural light in the morning helps our internal clock to know its time to wake up.
I hope this helps all of you who are working on finding those extra few hours in the morning! Have a great weekend!